Note: Starting in DreamFactory 2.3, drivers and extensions required for PHP 7 will need to be used, as reflected in these instructions.
- Download and install Microsoft ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server (if not already installed). Currently this is available here.
- Download and install the appropriate SQL Server Native Client (if not already installed and SQL Server is not hosted on the same machine as DreamFactory). Currently the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client is available here, and the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client is available here.
- DreamFactory uses PHP PDO drivers for DB connections. Full documentation on PDO_SQLSRV is available here. You will need to download and extract the Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server. Currently these are available here. Be sure to download BOTH x86 zip files (sqlsrv AND pdo_sqlsrv.) You need the x86 version because the Bitnami PHP is 32 bit. Be sure you get the files for your version of PHP. In the DreamFactory 2.7 Bitnami package this was PHP 7.0. Get the thread safe (TS) versions.
- Copy the DLLs for your version of PHP into your PHP's extensions directory.
- Enable the copied DLLs in your php.ini file. The php.ini file is C:\Bitnami\dreamfactory-2.7.0-1\php\php.ini. Be sure to change these example file names to match the name of the files you extracted in the previous step.
- Restart your Bitnami stack to apply these PHP configuration changes.