Bitnami Installs on Windows, Mac, and Linux
Note:The Bitnami packages come with an instance of MongoDB and the drivers already installed. No further action is necessary.
- Ensure that you have the php-pear and php5-dev packages installed on your system. You will also need the pcre3 and sasl2 development libraries.
$ sudo apt-get install php-pear php5-dev libpcre3-dev libsasl2-dev
- Use PECL to make the mongo.so file
$ sudo pecl install mongo
Note:If the the install generates any errors it will fail. You will need to troubleshoot based on the error reported.
- Create a module file for your mongo installation.
$ sudo touch /etc/php5/mods-available/mongo.ini
- Edit the file you just created in your preferred text editor.
There is a single line in the file it looks like this:
- Enable the php extension
$ sudo php5enmod mongo
- Restart your web service service
$ sudo service apache2 restart
$ sudo service nginx restart