Bitnami Installs on Windows, Mac, and Linux
Note:The Bitnami packages come with an instance of MongoDB and the drivers already installed. No further action is necessary unless trying to upgrade driver versions.
Manual Install on Linux
- You will need the following items from your package manager (linux)
- PHP Pear and PHP Dev (for PECL)
- Development tools / (e.g. Build Essential tools)
Manual Install on Mac Sierra +
- You will need to remove Mongo if brew installed as it had been deprecated: https://gist.github.com/katychuang/10439243
- Install Mongo drivers: https://github.com/mongodb/mongo-php-driver
- You will need to use PECL to build MongoDB: https://pecl.php.net/package/mongodb/1.5.2
- In Linux you will need to use PECL to build the mongodb module and then enable in php.
For concrete examples, see the Ubuntu 16.04 instructions.