- You will need the following items from your package manager (linux)
- PHP Pear and PHP Dev (for PECL)
- Development tools / (e.g. Build Essential tools)
- For Windows you will just need an oci8 dll file from PHP PECL (or from Bitnami)
- Oracle Instant Client Files
- Download the basic and sdk instant client files: Oracle Instant Client Downloads
- Example Filenames:
- In Linux you will need to use PECL to build the oci8 module, pointing to the unzipped instant client files as the library. Then enable the module in PHP.
- In Windows you will need to add the unzipped instant client files to your PATH variable and restart the machine. Then enable the module in PHP.