Connecting to SQL
With DreamFactory you can REST-enable and connect to any SQL database in just a few easy steps. This tutorial explains how to configure DreamFactory to make connections to various types of SQL databases.
All DreamFactory instances now come with a pre-created SQLite service named 'db' that you can use for development. To create a new SQLite service follow these steps.
- Go to the Services tab in the admin console.
- Click Create.
- Set the Service Type to 'SQL DB.'
- Enter a name and label for the service. Name will be part of the URL for accessing the service via the REST API.
- Go to the Config tab for the new service.
- Set the Driver to 'SQLite.'
- Set the file name in the connection string to something unique. The entire database is stored in this file, which can be found in /storage/databases of your DreamFactory installation.
- No credentials are required, just click Create Service to save your new service.
- Go to the API Docs tab in the admin console to test your new service.